• How is my child doing compared to other children in the class?
• What are my child’s strengths? How can I build on them? Where does he or she need help?
• May I see samples of my child’s writing, spelling, drawings, tests and other work?
• What activities can my child and I do at home to facilitate learning?
• What skills should my child master by the end of this school year?
• What’s the best way to communicate with you? Phone, text or email?
The School District of Palm Beach County
Harvard Family Research Project parents' tip sheet