Questions to ask during a parent-teacher conference
• How is my child doing compared to other children in the class?
• What are my child’s strengths? How can I build on them? What area needs help?
• May I see samples of my child’s writing, spelling, drawings, tests and other work?
• What activities can we do at home to facilitate learning?
• What skills should my child master by the end of this school year?
• What’s the best way to communicate with you? Phone, text or email?
The School District of Palm Beach County
Harvard Family Research Project's parent tip sheet
You May Also Like
Is your elementary student fighting you on homework?
Setting up a schedule and routine is best for children this age, but the Palm Beach County Library System is a prime spot for help if you notice your child is struggling with assig …Read More
E-cigarettes — a threat to children's safety
The growing popularity of e-cigarettes has led to a jump in calls to Florida poison centers involving children swallowing liquid nicotine. Read on for what's behind the trend and w …Read More
School District of Palm Beach County
Foster care services — support for children in the foster-care system to achieve academic success561-494-1449 Website Email
- Things to do
BRIDGES of Palm Beach County
Ten neighborhood hubs help parents raise children healthy, safe and strong561-740-7017 Website Email