Filter Posts By:
Back to listing
Local services and support for pregnant women and families with infants
Help Me Grow — information, guidance and developmental assessment of children up to age 8
Maternal Child Health Division — services for pregnant women and families with babies, including nutrition information, nurse home visits, breastfeeding support and more
• Being overweight or underweight can lead to an unhealthy pregnancy.
• A mother’s stress can have long-lasting effects on her unborn child.
• Dental health is just as important as physical and mental health.
• A newborn’s brain is about a fourth the size of an adult brain.
• The earlier developmental delays are addressed, the better the outcome.
• By 1 year old, a child usually can stand unsupported, speak single words and follow simple commands.
Blog Question: Does my baby understand when I speak to her? I’m not sure if she can understand what I am saying. Is it important for me to talk to my baby?