Filter Posts By:
Back to listing
A list of food sites in the Glades community that provide food, clothing and other helpful resources
Summer food program — provides meals and snacks to Palm Beach County children during the summer at sites throughout the county
Angel Food SNAC (Serving Nutrition to Area Children) — eligible children receive a weekly bag of food for weekend meals
Community Action — distributes non-perishable food to low-income families on a regular basis
Summer BreakSpot — locations where children can receive a free meal during the summer
Fights hunger through four programs and supports more than 170 partner agencies with food, programs, resources and services
Nutrition services, including assessment, counseling and classes
Free and reduced-priced meals — information about the school district's food service, including an application for to these meals
• Frozen fruits/vegetables and canned goods are easy on the wallet.
• Involve your child in every step of planning and executing meals.
• Strive to vary the color of foods on the plate.
• Involving children in food prep may increase their likelihood of eating it.
• Children usually balk at the texture of foods rather than the flavor.
• Let your child pick and choose from what is on the dinner table.
“About 41 percent of the population of Palm Beach County is living paycheck to paycheck,” says Lexi Savage, a senior vice president with United Way of Palm Beach County. “So if there’s a crisis, such as a car breakdown, they’re financially vulnerable. They’ll stop spending money on food.”