Filter Posts By:
Back to listing
School immunizations requirements and immunization van schedule
Maternal Child Health Division — services for pregnant women and families with babies, including nutrition information, nurse home visits, breastfeeding support and more
Local services and support for pregnant women and families with infants
Help Me Grow — information, guidance and developmental assessment of children up to age 8
Foster care services — support for children in the foster-care system to achieve academic success
• Visit the school beforehand and meet the teacher.
• Help your child learn how to find the classroom (and bathroom!).
• Be aware that kindergarten is more academic these days.
• Reading with your child is a great way to show your love.
• Singing songs and reciting nursery rhymes is another way to learn words.
• The library offers free activities for all ages, such as play groups.
• Ninety percent of brain development occurs by age 5.
• The earlier developmental delays are addressed, the better the outcome.
• One in four U.S. children up to age 5 are at risk for developmental, behavioral or social delay.